Anxiety and Trauma Specialist | EMDR Practitioner | Clinical Supervisor6535 Wilshire Blvd. Suite # 261 | Los Angeles | CA | 90048 | MAP VIEW
Why Should You Get Treated for PTSD?
Living with PTSD is painful and debilitating. Much of your emotional energy gets tied up in keeping yourself safe and staying vigilant. You begin to feel isolated and cut off, grappling with unwanted memories and constant triggers of feelings you try to forget. Treatment for PTSD is available and highly effective, giving you the freedom to live your life with more peace and confidence. PTSD treatment puts the past where it belongs, in the past.
Types of Trauma that I Treat:
- Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse/Molestation/Incest
- Rape and Sexual Assault Survivors
- Victims of Childhood Physical/Psychological Abuse
- Adults Neglected as Children
- Survivors of Intimate Partner/Domestic Violence
- Survivors of Accidents/Natural Disasters
- Victims and Veterans of War
- Immigration and Adaptation to a New Country
- Traumatic Loss of a Loved One
- Witness to a Traumatic Event
Symptoms of PTSD Include:
- Recurring nightmares
- Repetitive and intrusive memories
- Feeling irritable
- Difficulty being sexually intimate
- Sudden and traumatic uncovering of forgotten memories
- High startle response
- Substance abuse
- Avoidance of anything that reminds you of the trauma
Is treatment effective?
Yes, psychotherapy treatment is highly effective for PTSD, especially if woven in with Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Please note, however, that if you have suffered one or two major traumas treatment is shorter and simpler than if you have Complex Trauma, meaning multiple and prolonged traumas (such as in the case of child abuse).
Please visit my FAQ section for more information about my location, fees, insurance policies, and my qualifications. I hope that you take the leap, and reach out for help. Call me for a complimentary phone consultation or send me an email about yourself. We can begin to face it together.6535 Wilshire Blvd. Suite # 261 | Los Angeles | CA | 90048 | MAP VIEW