Anxiety and Trauma Specialist | EMDR Practitioner | Clinical Supervisor6535 Wilshire Blvd. Suite # 261 | Los Angeles | CA | 90048 | MAP VIEW
Why Should You Get Treated for Panic Disorder?
Panic Attacks and the fear of panic attacks can interfere with daily life to the point where you can’t perform many important functions such as driving, going grocery shopping, going out with friends, going to work, or even leaving the house. Treatment of Panic Disorder helps you overcome panic attacks and the fear of anxiety itself, giving you back your freedom.
Do you suffer from any of the following symptoms that come on quickly, with no warning?
- Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
- Sweating, trembling or shaking
- Sensations of shortness of breath or smothering, feeling of choking, chest pain or discomfort
- Nausea or abdominal distress
- Feeling dizzy, unsteady, lightheaded, or faint
- Derealization (feelings of unreality)
- Depersonalization (being detached from oneself)
- Fear of losing control or going crazy, fear of dying
- Paresthesias (numbness or tingling sensations)
- Chills or hot flushes
Is treatment effective?
Yes, it is effective, but you have to get the correct type of treatment. Good therapy for Panic Disorder includes the following:
- Developing a better understanding of what panic attacks are.
- Slowly increasing behaviors that have been lost due to Panic Disorder.
- Finding the root of the problem such as any possible trauma.
- Challenging debilitating beliefs about anxiety by examination of thoughts and behaviors.
- An excellent working relationship with your therapist. One in which you feel safe and seen.
- In my experience a combination of Psychodynamic, Exposure Therapy, CBT and EMDR is very useful for Panic Disorder.
Please visit my FAQ section for more information about my location, fees, insurance policies, and my qualifications. I hope that you take the leap, and reach out for help. Call me for a complimentary phone consultation or send me an email about yourself. We can begin to face it together.6535 Wilshire Blvd. Suite # 261 | Los Angeles | CA | 90048 | MAP VIEW